Monday 4 July 2016

Ryan Giggs bids farewell after 29 not so long years

Man United legend Ryan Giggs has announced his departure from the club after a splendid career as a player and in the managerial staff.
Giggs holds the record for the most United appearances and has won every major honour with the club. An evident reason behind him leaving is that he was not guaranteed a role as the Manchester United manager after Jose Mourinho's tenure ended.


In a statement issued on the United website he said: "After 29 seasons at Manchester United as a player and assistant manager, I know winning is in the DNA of this club - giving youth a chance, and playing attacking and exciting football. It’s healthy to have high expectations, it’s right to expect to win. Manchester United expects, deserves, nothing less.
"This is why it is a huge decision for me to step away from the club that has been my life since the age of 14. It has not been a decision that I have made lightly. I'll take away so many special memories as well as a lifetime of experiences that will, I hope, serve me well in the future.
However, the time feels right and, although I have no immediate plans to step into management, it is where I want to be."

I hope that Giggs is able to acquire some managerial experience so that he is capable of taking over as Man United manager in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment